This vegetable crumble is a great way to transform your holidays leftovers into a comforting, tasty main course.
Sweet Potato Crumble
Yield: 4 ramekins
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 leek, sliced (white and green part only)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup Hippie Snacks Grain Free Granola Seeds & Fruit
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat avocado oil. Add sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, gently stirring to keep potatoes from sticking to the pan.
- Add sliced leek and cook for 3 minutes more while stirring. Reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl, combine vegetable broth, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp thyme leaves and sea salt. Pour over ingredients in skillet. Cook, covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another small bowl, mix granola, coconut oil and remaining 1 tbsp thyme leaves.
- Divide sweet potato mixture evenly among four small ovenproof ramekins. Sprinkle with granola mixture and bake until granola is golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Once done, top with more thyme if desired. Enjoy!
About the author
Michelle Garland is a Certified Nutritional Practitioner who graduated with First Class Honours from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition in Vancouver, BC. She also holds a Raw Food Chef Certification from Vancouver’s Raw Foundation, Culinary Arts and Nutrition Institute. Her commitment to help others manifest change comes from her own personal transformation in life. A shift that awakened her to the healing force of natural foods and conscious living. What started as a passion has transformed into an ever-evolving life journey and professional career.