A while ago, we sent a few of our snacks to Emily Davies at Wholesome Slice. She’s a holistic nutritionist who runs a plant-based catering company.
She came up with a creative recipe for our Chili + Lime Coconut Clusters! Her Quinoa Stuffed Eggplant with Tahini Drizzle looks to-die-for. Now that the weather is cooling down, it’s about time we start roasting and baking things again!
Yield: serves 4
- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 c diced yellow onion
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 c mushrooms of choice, diced
- 1/2 c organic tomato sauce
- 1 medium sized tomato, diced
- 1 c cooked quinoa (I used a red & white mix)
- 1/4 c finely chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 c tahini
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 420°F
- Cut eggplant lengthwise, using a sharp knife & spoon, scoop out the insides of each eggplant. Dice the insides and set aside. Coat the hallow eggplants lightly with coconut oil & sea salt. Set on a glass baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, warm the coconut oil, onion and garlic over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. You want them to start to get fragrant and slightly translucent.
- Then add in the mushrooms and diced eggplant insides and sauté for another 3 minutes or so.
- Next add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices, and quinoa and sauté for a few more minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Remove eggplants from the oven and fill each boat with the quinoa mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- For the tahini dressing, simply blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Drizzle tahini dressing over eggplants and top with fresh herbs and chili lime coconut clusters.
Buy our coconut clusters on Amazon or locate your nearest store.
Click here to see the recipe on Wholesomeslice blog.