This undercover healthy chocolate hummus from Lindsay Mustard is exactly what you need for sharing at your next holiday get together. Serve with our crunchy, minimally processed Sea Salt Almond Crisps and your favourite fruits and nuts for a perfectly balanced dessert platter!
Dark chocolate dessert hummus
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 can of chickpeas beans, strained and rinsed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- Hippie Snacks Sea Salt Almond Crisps
- Optional: Fresh berries, apple slices, fig, cashews & pecans
- In a blender or in a food processor, combine all the ingredients except water and crisps.
- Blend until smooth. With the processor running, gradually add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with Hippie Snacks Organic Crisps, fresh fruit and nuts.
About the author
Most days you will find Lindsay Mustard tucked away in the corner of a cozy coffee shop filled with twinkle lights typing away on a laptop or with her head in an anatomy textbook. Known for her green smoothie addictions and for eating salads big enough to feed a family of four, this Holistic Nutritionist loves serving the world by teaching others how they can optimize their health and well-being using whole foods, yoga and essential oils.