Coconut Cherry Chip Ice Cream
Yield: 6 servings
For ice cream:
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- ½ cup of fresh Medjool dates (if dates are dried, hydrate in warm water for 20 minutes then drain)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of frozen sweet dark cherries, chopped
For chocolate sauce and topping:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure cacao (or high-quality cocoa) powder
- Hippie Snacks Coconut Chips, for topping
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the dates. Blend with a tablespoon of hot water to form a paste. Set aside.
- Remove the coconut milk from the fridge and carefully open the cans. Scoop out the thick white cream on top of the cans into a large mixing bowl. Pour the clear liquid at the bottom of the cans into a measuring cup and set aside.
- Mix the coconut cream with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add the date paste, the vanilla, and the chopped cherries. Mix well. If you find your mixture is very stiff, add in the clear coconut liquid you reserved earlier, ¼ cup at a time. The texture should be smooth, light, and softly whipped.
- Pour the mixture into a lined freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until fully set.
- Before serving, set the ice cream out at room temperature to soften for 10 minutes to soften.
- To make the chocolate sauce, combine the coconut oil and cacao powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Mix well until the coconut oil has melted. Remove from the heat.
- Scoop your ice cream and top with chocolate sauce, Hippie Snacks Coconut Chips, and additional cherries. Enjoy immediately.