These easy and chewy vegan chickpea cookies with coconut clusters are a new go-to for Olympian Julia Murray‘s lunchbox!
In Julia’s words: “The tapioca flour in these vegan cookies gives them that chewy texture, and the chickpea flour gives you the extra plant protein so you’ll feel like a health nut without having to taste the health (if you know what I mean)! Perfect combo.”
Cookies with Benefits:
- “Chickpea Flour is a great option if you’re sensitive to gluten, plus it’s packed with plant protein with a very mild flavour. It’s anti-inflammatory, and super nutrient-dense, yet lower in calories (compared to wheat flour).
- Sweet Coconut Seed + Nut clusters are packed with omegas from coconut + flax seeds, iron from pumpkin seeds, and vitamin E from sunflower seeds. They’ve got papaya and cranberries in there for a boost of phytonutrients and digestive enzymes, plus a ton of fibre from the brown rice puffs!
- Oats are packed with magnesium, fibre and antioxidants. They’ll help balance your blood sugar, lower cholesterol and relieve constipation:)”
Check out Julia’s blog for the full article!
Yield: 9 Cookies
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-Heat oven to 180°C
- Mix together dry ingredients (I do this in the Kitchen Aid mixer). Then pour that into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the wet ingredients (except for the clusters), until smooth.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined
- Then stir in the coconut clusters (save some for topping the cookies with)
- On a parchment covered, or reusable cooking sheet covered cookie sheet, place 1 inch cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart.
- Press the cookie down slightly and sprinkle with left over cluster bits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (watch they don’t burn, but if you want a crispier base go for 12 minutes)
- Store in that cookie jar!
Buy our Seed & Nut Clusters on Amazon or locate your nearest store.
Click here to visit Hooked on Plants full article about these cookies!