These savoury canapes from Lindsay Mustard combine sweet onions with our Cheezy Chive Almond Crisps to create the perfect burst of flavours. A delicious appetizer sure to be a hit at any dinner party and will leave your guests wanting more!
Caramelized onion canapes
- 2 vegan margarine or coconut oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Hippie Snacks Organic Cheezy Chive Almond Crisps
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil or margarine. Add the onions and stir continuously for 5-7 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the coconut sugar and sea salt and saute for another 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Arrange the Hippie Snacks Organic Crisps on the platter of your choice, top with caramelized onions and garnish with fresh thyme.
About the author
Most days you will find Lindsay Mustard tucked away in the corner of a cozy coffee shop filled with twinkle lights typing away on a laptop or with her head in an anatomy textbook. Known for her green smoothie addictions and for eating salads big enough to feed a family of four, this Holistic Nutritionist loves serving the world by teaching others how they can optimize their health and well-being using whole foods, yoga and essential oils.